What is the semantic core of the site?
For each site the semantic core is a list of so-called keywords. They must precisely define the idea and theme of the Internet resource. In another words, semantics consists of the most common user’s requests on specific topic.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
The key action of each user while browsing Internet is search some information. There are two simple ways to find the necessary data: enter or copy the URL in the browser’s address bar, or use the search query that interests you and select the most suitable result of output. Taking into account that person does not always have a link, the second option is the most common.
The main question is: how to include your resource in the list of the suggested platforms? Moreover, it is needed that the site appears in the top lines after the user has entered the request. First of all, you need to create a semantic core of the site.
HOW TO CREATE THE SEMANTIC CORE?
The formation and compilation of the semantic core plays a fundamental role in the promotion of the project. Therefore it is necessary to pay enough attention to this process. The sequence of semantics collection looks like this:
- Taking into account the theme of the site and its purpose, you need to create a list of keywords. The quantity of your semantic core is totally unlimited.
- When you have created a list, you need to check the statistics of keywords queries. We suggest to use the following tools to check the statistics: Key Collector and Google.
- First of all, you need to check how often the keywords you have chosen are used, before you add them to your semantic core. Check your competitors, and then define the internal usage rate.
- The next step is to write the texts for your site using exact and diluted entries of the selected phrases. Use semantics core in meta tags, headlines and in the “body” of the texts.
- After the text part is completed, you can additionally purchase and publish links to your site in various sources: blogs, forums, etc.
- When the works starts, track the traffic statistics, optimize the texts, fill it with new content regularly.
It may seem that the work that has been done is completely useless, but do not rush to conclusions. If you manage to form the semantic core of your website competently, you will define the approximate target audience and attendance. Everything of that will be needed for further successful promotion in search engines.
Step-by-step guide to the semantic structure of the core
- Collect requests from various sources:
- Keyword statistics: Key Collector service or other programs, as well as the Google AdWords keyword planner.
- Enter the phrases exported from Google Analytics and other web analytics tools. This is possible if you already have a site.
- Monitoring the visibility of competitors by promoted requests (Alexa, SimilarWeb, SemRush, Moz).
- Indication of regional attributes and frequency of requests, assessment of seasonal popularity and budget of links by keywords (adwords.google.com will help us here).
- Create the landing pages according to selected phrases.
- Checking the relevance (compliance) of landing pages to user requests.
Depending on your web resource, the quantity of keywords may vary.
The main question is: can the main page of your project “sell”? If the answer is no, then focus on the internal pages. You can promote the main page of the resource even with 15 requests. The main thing is that they all hit the bull’s eye!